Hosts & Shows
If this show were to actually happen, it would be the #1 show on television. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul can do no wrong! Emmy Award winner and former Seinfeld star Julia Louis-Dreyfus also stars in this reality TV spoof as a plug for the upcoming 66th Primetime Emmy Awards on August 25.
Have you ever been dragged to a concert you really… reeeeaally didn’t want to go to? I saw Enrique Iglesias a few years ago, post mole removal(Note: this bears no relevance whatsoever to the rest of the story). I grabbed tickets for an ex girlfriend for her birthday. She then had the option of taking anyone in the world to this show… must have been my lucky day, she picked me. If you’ve ever been in this spot, the following is a series of photo’s of guys who feel your pain!
Put the earplugs in, close your eyes and pretend it’s Creedence.
Hey, what’s that on the floor? SPOILER: It’s your tears.
Gonna go out on a limb and guess those binoculars aren’t for watching the band.
And if all else fails, pretend you’re going to the washroom or for food and pull this classic move.
Not entirely sure if this is what Bryan Adams had in mind when he wrote the tune “Kids Wanna Rock” for his 1984 album ‘Reckless’, nonetheless your little guy or girl can now rock out to some of your favourite music… sorta.
Soundgarden is the latest band featured on a lullaby compilation which in the past has included Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, AC/DC and Zeppelin. The compilation album, done by “Twinkle Twinkle Little Rock Star” will include Soundgarden classics, Black Hole Sun, Spoonman, Outshined, The Day I Tried To Live and Rusty Cage. Now you can “ROCK” your baby to sleep… genius!
The long weekend is donezo but at least “SUMMER” is back! Btw, speaking of summer, I’ve got the perfect summer snack for you. Nagonnalie, it involves a little bit of cooking skill which I do NOT at all possess. That said, STEP 1: find a friend with some knowledge of how to mix stuff and turn it into something edible. Saw this instructional video last week on how to make Beer-flavoured ice cream sandy’s. A couple friends and I decided to make some for Holiday Monday. By which I mean, I watched my friends make them while I drank beer. Who doesn’t like beer and ice cream… it’s the best of both worlds! It was pretty damn delicious too! Check out how to make your own Beerscream Sandwich below!
Signs you’re from Northern Ontario
1.”Vacation” means going to Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec or Sudbury for the weekend.
2. Distance is measured in hours.
3. You often switch from “Heat” to “A/C” in the same day.
4. You know at least a few people who’ve hit deer or moose.
5. Down comforters are often used in the summer.
6. You’ve mastered the art of driving 100 km/h through four meters of snow during a blizzard, without flinching.
7. You carry jumper cables in your car and your kids know how to use them.
8. Your kids Halloween costumes are designed to fit over a snowsuit.
9. Driving is better in the winter because the pot-holes are filled.
10. You know both seasons: Winter and Construction
11. You’re wearing three sweaters, a parka, ski pants, a toque, two pairs of mittens, boots past your knees, there’s 3 feet of snow, it’s -35(-11,000 with windchill), your eye-lashes are frozen together, your nose is running, you can’t feel your toes and you still stop at Tim Hortons for an Iced Capp.
12. Skunk/Raccoon=Speed bump.
13. You actually understand these jokes.
When you think of Morgan Freeman, what comes to mind? An unbelievable actor, likely his role in ‘The Shawshank Redemption’ and a silky smooth baritone voice in which you could probably listen to for hours. Well, he was on the Tonight show with Jimmy Fallon this week… you’ve never heard Morgan like this before!
In their 25 seasons, The Simpsons have only ever crossed over once. The crossover happened back in 1995 in their 6th season when the Simpsons decided to hold a Film Festival in which film critic Jay Sherman (the Critic) is invited to be a judge. This fall, Family Guy and Simpsons fans will rejoice and finally bury the hatchet. In the Simpsons season premier, The Griffins from Family Guy travel to Springfield. The trailer for the season opener debuted at Comic Con in San Diego over the weekend.